amazon ad

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kenzo Power

"I designed a very simple bottle for Sake called Hakkin. This bottle holds 720ml of liquor and I had that clearly in my head as one of the factors to be included in its design. When I was asked to design this perfume bottle, I did not know if I could apply this idea of Sake to perfume. I was actually more doubtful at first whether I could rearrange a Sake bottle for perfume. I drafted many sketches for the perfume bottle along with what resembles a Hakkin's bottle design but I became aware that it was difficult to overcome the 'Hakkin's design. And I realized what I was expected to do here.
What I had in my mind may have been an image of design for 720ml. By changing the size, the liquor bottle can become that of perfume or vice versa without altering the shape or design. I realized that it is sometimes possible to create a few different bottles by using the same form with different volumes."
Kenzo Power